Sunday, January 15, 2006

Let's get with the program!

It's a new year... time to start fresh! A few years ago I was diagnosed with PCOS. My dh and I have been ttc for a year, but with no luck. I have had 5 months of Clomid, 3 months of Glucophage, and 1 month of Estrogen. When I was told this month was a bust, because of a 4.3cm cyst on my right ovary, I decided it was time to change things around for a bit.

This month I thought I would put my focus in another direction. I will only be taking the Glucophage (otherwise known as Metformin) and my vitamins. In addition, I am starting Bob Greene's program. It requires 12 weeks of dedication. 12 weeks... I can do that! Right?!!!

Today is day 1. I had a slipped disk last month and was on bed rest for 2 weeks. So, when I started the program today, it kicked my butt! However, I did it. I completed 30 minutes of cardio, the stability/flexibility stretches, and the strength training exercises. Boy, am I tired! I became a pile of mush while on bedrest!!!

Day 1... check! Tomorrow, I'll wake up and work on day 2.

No comments: