Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Tired

Once a week my triathlete husband goes for a group bike ride after work. I think it is a necessity for his training... since he is home every other night to help put babies to bed. However, it never fails that the day seems EXTREMELY long to me!

Z and B did not take an afternoon nap. Z finally slept for about 20 minutes... but his sister was wide awake. Then, Z woke up... and Bree started fussing- "TIME FOR BED". I put Z in the high chair, ready to feed them their evening oatmeal and other (tonight it was bananas).

I scooped Bree out of the jumperoo and felt wet on my arm. I looked down to see poop smeared all down my arm!!!! UGH!!! Apparently, her jumping was squishing it out... YUCK!!!! Emergency bath time!

Cleaned B... dressed, diapered, etc. Put her in the highchair, fed them, read her a book, then put her to bed. Played with Z for about 10 minutes, repeated the routine. Both are now in bed.

Now, I am worn out! No on told me being a SAHM would be harder than teaching! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE it!!! I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. But, I don't know of any other job that you are on task 24/7. I don't think people have any idea! I know my husband tries... but I don't think he would survive doing this every day.

On to eat dinner... reboot/refresh... and wake up tomorrow to start again. I am SO thankful to be with my two every day... but, right now I'm tired.

6 comments:

Lesley Barr Photography said...

I feel your pain! I never EVER imagined being a SAHM would be SO hard....and double hard for us!! Some days I fantasize about going to work...haha. I LOVE being a SAHM...but good golly sometimes I want to poke my ears out. =)

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

wow - i so can relate too. i am physically done for each day. i had NO idea.

Twinmommy2boys said...

Same here! The days when they won't nap or won't nap at the same time are the most tiresome.

Brett said...

I'm quite positive I couldn't do it. I have the utmost respect for all SAHMs, including my wife, the best one!

Ladiebug said...

I hear ya! I am WAHM. I watch my neice (now 13 months),little boy (2) cousin(4) and in the summer Kaila (my step-dd 10)and am constantly going going from 7:15 am-6 pm. I can get the toddler and preschooler down at the same time but then the baby is up and when and if they all do go down together I do things with Kaila.....but at the end of the day I only have Kaila so I get a little more of a break. But I sure do sleep much better at night :0)

Eva said...

I definitely admire those of you who are home all day with your babes. Weekends for me are amazing but exhausting, and usually it's two of us!