Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Baby wearing Mama

When the twins were born my sister gave me a Maya Wrap. I have loved it! In the beginning I could carry the twins together... and last June I carried Monkey Boy over the finish line at Hubby's Ironman.



However, now they are getting HEAVY! It is hard for me to carry even 1 for very long. So, I was out on the search... and I found out how to make a Moby style wrap. It was SO easy! I still need some practice on putting it on (especially on the back!), but I think it is going to be great! I just wish I had discovered it sooner!

Here is one of my first attempts. You can see the fabric is all twisted, but it still works. I have gotten much better since then.

3 comments:

annette said...

CONGRATULATIONS.... you did a wonderful job on that wrap. I'll send people your way! Tasha would have had me carrying her 'til she was 3 - Katrina on the other hand was walking 2 miles pulling a wagon at 21 months! Nicki - much like Tasha:) Have you made one for Brett to wear too?!

Sherry at the Zoo said...

I had one of those wraps, almost identical, when my youngest was a baby. I LOVED it! Traditional baby carriers hurt my back, but the wrap was perfect for me.

Stacie said...

I am seriously impressed you could wear both at once - I could never do that.