Sunday, July 15, 2007

Mommy=Zombie

Due to help from a book, we finally got the babies to sleep most of the night. Bree was still waking around 4-5 for a feeding, but that was doable. Since she has such bad reflux, I figured she must be starving! Zane was sleeping until about 6:30. This has been the way things were for the last month or so...

THEN, all of a sudden Zane started waking up... not once, but 3-5 times a night! He doesn't really cry... he just does this whiny noise. It started because he had moved himself to the side of the crib so his head was against the slats. (He is tightly swaddled, so this movement looks quite funny... like a big worm!) This has been going on the last 3 nights! I have been trying to soothe him and get him back to sleep. I don't want to feed him, because he has been going without feedings in the middle of the night. I don't want him to develop a bad habit of thinking night is for eating instead of sleeping.

Two nights ago the child did this for 2-3 hours straight. I think Brett and I got about 4 hours of sleep. I felt like I was going to fall over all day! But, one look at the little guy gives rewards of huge smiles... So, you can't be mad at him. Anyway, I finally unswaddled one hand. He sucked on his fingers and went back to sleep.

Last night, he still woke 3-4 times (notice I can't recall specifics as I was too tired to think!). After the first waking I unswaddled his hand... he sucked on it, whined a little and went back to sleep. A couple of times he woke, and acted like he not only didn't want his hand, but didn't seem to know what it was. However, the waking times were shorter than nights before.

Around 3 he woke again. Brett was getting up at 4 to get ready to go riding. I went in to reassure him a couple of times... and eventually he went back to sleep.

THEN, the little bugger slept until after 9!!!!! Of course I was up for a good while with Bree... and I really needed him to wake to nurse... oh well... I guess he will be a bit of a stubborn one... lol.

Ya just Gotta Love 'Em!

No comments: