Friday, November 10, 2006

It's a BOY and a GIRL!!!!!

We had another ultrasound yesterday. Here are both babies' heads. Before they checked what sex they were they did all the measurements. Both babies have good 4 chamber hearts and have everything a baby should have at this point. Jayna, baby A, had a heart beat of 150. Zan, baby B, had a heart beat of 162. They said his was higher because he was wiggling around so much! Both babies measured exactly at 17 weeks and were estimated 6 oz.

When they got to Zan's legs I couldn't believe how long they were!!!! This was before we knew it was a boy. I turned to dh and said, "That is your son!!! He is going to be tall like you and play basketball!!!!" Sure enough, it was later found to be a boy! I swear that boy is all legs! He is definately going to get his father's height.

Anyway, we are 100% sure Zan is a boy. When we got to baby A she kept her legs closed (like a good girl should). It took a lot of poking to get her to move... Plus, it's harder with two babies crammed in one belly! So, the tech found the spot and said she is 90% sure it's a girl. I guess those are pretty good odds!

I'm so excited about the whole thing. We had come up with one girl name and one boy name that we really liked. Plus, we had bought a boy and a girl monchhichi to represent the babies since we call them the Monchhichis. So, everything is what we were hoping.

8 comments:

Jill said...

Too cool!! That is such terrific news. I am glad all is progressing so wonderfully!

Kabmom said...

How lucky are you to get one of each. I mean I've got two boys now with no girl in my near future. Congrats to both of you!

Bare said...

Congrats!!! I'm so excited for you- a boy and a girl! :0)

Shannon said...

That is GREAT! I am so excited for youand your hubby! You will love having a boy and a girl! They are both so wonderful to have! I find out on Tuesday what I am having. Since I do have one of each already it will be interesting to see if we are going to have 2 boys and 1 girl or 2 girls and 1 boy!
Congrats! What a great time!

Becky said...

CONGRATS!!!! That is just PERFECT! One of each! YAY!!!!!

lunagal said...

Fantastic! I haven't been on your blog for a while and so when I saw the ultrasound, I was blown away! I'm thrilled for you and your hubby. Your earlier post about needing to gain weight... consider seeing a naturopath. My naturopath told me to make a yummy protein shake every morning filled with soy milk, frozen berries, a banana, prenatal vitamins, protein powder, and EFA oils. This, combined with other healthy fattening foods she put in my diet allowed me to gain 5 much needed pounds in the last 3 weeks of the pregnancy. All the best to you and the wondertwins!

Ladiebug said...

Look at them they are getting bigger and bigger! I am so excited for you both! One of each! Now that is the way to go!!!!!

Brett said...

Yay! We have one of each! I'm looking very forward to being a parent of twins with you! You are the love of my life and what keeps me going!

I love you,
Bobo