Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Smokey Turkey

I had a whole new Thanksgiving this year... We went to my Mother in-law's. We cooked a turkey breast. Then she made instant mash potatoes and some quick microwaveble mac-n-cheese. It was an "instant" Thanksgiving!

One bad part was the fact that she is a chimney smoker. She didn't smoke out in the living room where we were most of the day, but she smoked in her room all night. By the time we left all of our clothes, bags, and pillows reeked of smoke! It was gross. I can't believe I was ever a smoker! I love her, but that was a bit too much for the babies, my Iron Man hubby, and I.

3 comments:

Ladiebug said...

I hear ya. My parents ar ethe same way...my sister wont bring my neice over to their house because it's too much for her little lungs.
Here they are trying to pass a law with no smoking in a vehicle with children.

Shannon said...

I had a Thanksgiving like that the year I was pregnant with my little princess. It was so bad that me and my hubby took our little 9 month old son out in our jeep to sleep. It was snowing and really windy, it said that it was about 8 degrees outside. You have to do what you have to do though to protect your little kids.

Bare said...

Bless your heart- it is hard. I have a friend who smokes that much- and cheap cigarettes to boot! I always smell like a bar when I leave :0(